LYC suggestions for groups and events
The LYC community is made up of individuals who want to be and do better. Our community is designed to help members create wellness experiences and make connections with liked minded people. We suggest that groups, events, and outings focus on creating experiences that add value for members of the community as well as promoting wellness and community.
We recommend that when you are forming a group that you try to meet the basic goals of the LYC mission:
- We make wellness easy
- We are for people who want to be better
- We create wellness experiences that allow like-minded people to have deeper community connections
- We are accessible to all
- Our members “do”
LYC takes a comprehensive approach to wellness, so groups and events should also be comprehensive in nature.
Guidelines and Rules for Groups and Events
- Misleading or False Materials.
Groups or events must not be misleading, fraudulent, or deceptive in any way.
Groups or Events must not impersonate or falsely represent a brand, entity, or public figure. Where a group or event is being used to express support for or interest in a brand, entity, or public figure, it must make clear in the name or description that it is not an official representation.
Groups, and events must not facilitate or promote online gambling, online real money, games of skill, or online lotteries.
- Inaccurately or misleadingly Tagged Content
Groups and events must not inaccurately or misleadingly tag content or encourage users to to do the same.
Groups and events must not incentivize people to misuse LYC features or functionality.
- Promotions or events in groups or posted by a user.
If you use LYC to communicate or administer a promotion or event (ex: a contest, sweepstakes, concert), you are responsible for the lawful operation of that promotion or event, including: compliance with applicable rules and regulations governing the promotion or event and all prizes offered (ex: registration and obtaining necessary regulatory approvals).
- Required content for promotions or events
- Promotions or events on LYC must include the following:
- A complete release of LYC by each entrant or participant;
- Acknowledgement that the promotion or event is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by or associated with LYC.
- Collection of Data in group or from events
If you collect content and information directly from group members or users you must make it clear that you (and not LYC) are collecting it, and must provide notice about and obtain user consent for your use of the content and information that you collect. Regardless of how you obtain content and information from group members or users, you are responsible for securing all necessary permissions to reuse their content and information.
- Automated Collection of Data
Your group, promotion or event must not collect users’ content or information, or otherwise access LYC, using automated means (such as harvesting bots, robots, spiders, or scrapers) without written permission from LYC.
- Calls to Action
Your group or event cannot use information obtained from a person’s interaction with your group’s call-to-action for any purpose other than to provide the service associated with the call-to-action button. If you want to use this information for any other purpose, first obtain the person’s explicit consent.
- General group rules and LYC policies
- Group names must not include profanity, excessively incorrect grammar or punctuation, hate speech language and must not consist solely of generic terms or locations.
- Content posted to the group is public and can be viewed by everyone who can see the post whether a private group or public group post.
- Group administrators must restrict access by age as necessary to comply with applicable laws and regulations by reviewing the profile of the user before accepting them into your group.
- You must not misuse LYC’s upload functionality in connection with your group post
- Group or event name change and/or merges must not result in a misleading or unintended connection and must not substantially change the group’s subject matter
- LYC members and organizers must be at least 18 years old. LYC groups and events must be only targeted to people over the age of 18.
- Family groups are more than welcome on LYC, but if the group has an event then all children present at the event must be supervised and accompanied by an adult guardian.
- Regulated Goods
Groups or events promoting the private sale of regulated goods or services (including firearms, alcohol, tobacco, or adult products) are prohibited.
- Driving Traffic to Third Party Apps and Sites
You must not accept anything of value to drive traffic to an app or site that engages in traffic arbitrage, or one that contains a disproportionate volume of ads relative to content, or content that is highly sexual, shocking, clickbait, or promotes scams.
- Branded Groups
Branded groups must obtain the express permission of LYC. A Branded group is a group that is formed by a commercial enterprise.
- Necessary Disclosures
Your group description must include all necessary disclosures to people using LYC, such as any disclosures needed to indicate nature of content posted by you.
- Illegal Products and Services
Your group must not promote employment opportunities that involve illegal activity, products, or services.
Your group must not unlawfully discriminate against members or app users based on any protected characteristics, including, but not limited to, race, ethnicity, color, national origin, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, family status, disability, medical or genetic condition or any other basis protected under federal, state or local law.
- Sexually Suggestive Groups and Sexual exploitation
Your group must not promote sexually related activities or conduct. Further adult sexual related products may not be posted or promoted in post or events posted on the app. Groups must not contain content or promote events that promote or facilitate sex trafficking, prostitution, or any other type of sexual exploitation. Groups and events must not promote, post or contain pornography or publicly shared nude or sexual photos. If nudity or sexuality is part of a group’s identity or lifestyle, organizers must keep the group private in order to limit access to this content to members of that group. LYC expects organizers to monitor this content and restrict members to at least the age of 21.
- Personal Information
Group administrators or members must not solicit personal identification or financial information from any group member or app user.
- Group Events Cost Disclosure
Group Events or the like must provide clear and up-front disclosure for any actions or additional costs associated with an event ticket purchase or attendance.
- Groups or Events promoting violent, dangerous, or criminal behavior
LYC does not support or allow groups and events related to any of the following themes; and groups must not contain content or promote events that could threaten public or personal safety, including:
- Advocating for, inciting, or making aspirational statements or threats to commit violence against any group of people, individual person, or specific location
- Weapons and explosive making
- Calls for violence in response to private or public events
- Exposure of an individual’s personal information
- Promotion or glorification of self-harm (for example, suicide, eating disorders or substance abuse)
- Groups must not contain content or promote events that incite hate, violence, or harassment against individuals or groups of people based on personal attributes such as race, color, religion, descent, national or ethnic origin, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, age, disability, or a medical or genetic condition
- Groups must not contain content or promote events that organize, promote, provide for, distribute services for, or recruit for terrorist organizations.
- Harmful misinformation
Groups must not contain content or promote events that contain medical misinformation, including:
- Assurances of health or mental cures.
- Unrealistic health, diet, and weight loss claims.
- Claims that have been scientifically disproven and that may pose a public or personal health risk.
- Legal or medical services
Groups must not contain content or promote events that involve regulated services provided by licensed medical or legal professionals. LYC does not validate professional credentials or licenses. However, groups and events focused on group activities promoted by these professionals are allowed.
- Groups must not contain content or promote events that contain financial guarantees.